Bay Rising Action is a grassroots political fund that champions strong leaders representing our racial, economic, and environmental justice movements and builds the political power of working-class, immigrant, Black, Latinx, and Asian communities. We unite these communities to create a community-based political infrastructure capable of electing leaders who will achieve the bold solutions we need and stay accountable to us, not corporate lobbyists.
Bay Rising Action is a 501(c)4 organization. Visit our sister 501(c)3 organization, Bay Rising, here.
What We Do
- Make endorsements, create regional voter guides, and support our local partners to create localized versions
- Provide campaign support in strategic races: communications, mailers, texting, digital tools, voter analysis and targeting
- Organize for democracy reform that would make elections more fair, equitable and accessible to all
- Support a co-governance model with our local partners
- Guide everyday people along the path of leadership, developing them from volunteers to candidates, campaign managers to legislative staff, and from organizers to policymakers
- Organize grassroots members with our local political fund partners to participate in local government, from lobbying in City Hall to going up to Sacramento to present their issues to state leaders; these members do not just testify about their experiences, but also develop legislation and ballot measures
- Influence how laws and regulations are implemented
- Support elected officials to be accountable and effective leaders with our neighborhoods and communities
What We Stand For
Bay Rising Action advocates for a world where all people participate in community control and political power; where everyone has a home; and where everyone has the sanctuary to live without fear of deportation or criminalization. We believe in clean air, parks, and water, in environmental justice and just transition to a regenerative economy where life flourishes. We center the value of work with dignity where everyone can earn a living wage and receive quality healthcare; we believe in justice for young people and families. We are also fighting for democracy reform that would make elections more fair, equitable and accessible to all.